Queen Elizabeth College has a focus on being a part of our community. This includes offering Night School classes each term as well as hiring out various facilities to community groups. Facilities used regularly by community groups include the Hall, Gyms, Grounds and Te Matui.
Our students also assist in the community. This year, various groups of students have been involved in a number of community activities including;
- Service Academy delivering Academy for a Day programme in primary schools.
- Students assisting with the Saint John's Appeal and Poppy Day collection.
- Students participating in the Relay for Life each year.
- Mufti Day money raised going to various local charities.
- ESOL students assisting with the Red Cross Book Sale.
- Our Kapa Haka students peforming the powhiri for the National Archery Competition.